Day 64: Haunted by Atelier Blue // 6

Image result for atelier blue hauntedgenre: pop
I struggled today to figure out what I wanted to write about. As a last resort, I clicked into a random piece on one of Spotify's curated lists. Sometimes, after enough digging, you come upon tiny little gems in the sand.

What dragged me in was the honey-drip, synth mix that Atelier Blue put together as the core of their sound. The vocals, eh. I'm not a big fan of the high-pitched, indecipherable accents to the song. It veers on the edge of uncomfortable to me, but that's just my opinion. The beat itself is appreciable, but I wish they dove into that idea a lot more, instead of converging on a typical formulaic song structure. Now that I think about it, this song just may not have a lot going for it aside from the satisfying synth production. Oh well, it does have its merits, and bodes promise.

Rating: 6/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 311: holy terrain by FKA twigs // 4

Day 309: White Gloves by Khruangbin // 5