Day 49: Late Night Voyages by Guilty Ghosts // 6.5

Image result for guilty ghosts veilsgenre: instrumental, ambient
snack: gardettos
Taking a step back, we look at something more calm and serendipitous. I want to take a look at this song from the context of what it is trying to achieve. It's not meant to develop all too much throughout the song, much less embrace a melody or larger song structure. Personally, I think some songs can do it well. Late Night Voyages in my mind conveys a luminescent, coherent soundscape. It never traverses strays too far from the working formula, and adds tinges of instrumental artistry to further the vision. Honestly, it's just a background song. I shouldn't be diving too deep into it. For lack of a comparison, it gives strong vibes of Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon. Knowing me, that's a good thing. 

Rating: 6.5


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 311: holy terrain by FKA twigs // 4

Day 309: White Gloves by Khruangbin // 5