Day 45: Cavalleria Rusticana: Intermezzo by Pietro Mascagni // 10

Image result for cavalleria rusticana intermezzogenre: classical
Here we have a piece that has touched my heart, owing to its transcendent expression of the spectrum of emotions familiar to Italian opera. The tragic love it evokes strikes me to my very core. To be honest, I've heard this song before, but I didn't recognize it until halfway through. I've watched Raging Bull before, starring Robert de Niro, and it features this piece in one of the most illustrious, captivating openings to a movie ever. I absolutely adore this opening, and this song unlocked a memory hidden away in the back of my mind. You should really watch it.

I don't think this piece could have been orchestrated and instrumented any better. The strings perfectly complement the melody. I can't even describe how moving the melody is. At the same time, it is sorrowful but embracing and passionate; dramatic but subtle. Those damn pizza spinners have done it again. It's perfect. For those traditional romantics out there, this one's for you

Rating: 10/10


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 311: holy terrain by FKA twigs // 4

Day 309: White Gloves by Khruangbin // 5