Day 44: El Condor Pasa (If I Could) by Simon & Garfunkel // 9

Image result for bridge over troubled watergenre: folk
Well, I didn't intend to write about S&G three times in the span of week, but here we are. I listened to more of their songs, how could I not write about them. 

Based on a traditional folk song from the Andes in South America, right off the bat you can tell this is not an ordinary S&G song. The instrumentation is kept intact, which I believe is the right choice. I love the mandolin that they include.

Overall, it's really fun to hear their rendition, giving us a peek of a different culture. I can't say much about the accuracy of the lyrics but the melodies and translated lyrics hold a very powerful message. The timbre of the music is equally profound and almost haunting. The melody, I think, is timeless. I hope you find it the same. If you couldn't tell already, S&G are absolutely one of my favorite bands. 

Rating: 9/10


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 311: holy terrain by FKA twigs // 4

Day 309: White Gloves by Khruangbin // 5