Day 40: Twilight Of The Thunder God by Amon Amarth // 9

Image result for amon amarth twilight of the thunder godgenre: melodic death metal
drink: water
This song checks the boxes for what I think are my favorite features in a metal song. The melodic guitar, the guttural voices, the somewhat understandable and catchy, gripping lyrics, the distinct drumming style, and just the right amount of range. I don't particularly enjoy songs with a lower range that lends itself to muddy distortion, but this song hits the middle ground for me. 

The intro riff is just so catchy. The chord progression, simple and empowering. For lack of a better description, I can definitely power frown to this. There's really not much more to this song except the fact that it excels at what it seeks to do. Plus, it's about Thor! 

Rating: 9/10


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 311: holy terrain by FKA twigs // 4

Day 309: White Gloves by Khruangbin // 5