Day 35: Affection by Jinsang // 4

Image result for affection jinsang life
genre: lo-fi hip hop
drink: water
Through perusing the internet in my own volition, I decided to acquiesce a bit of lo-fi into my repertoire. Readers beware, because although I like lo-fi every now and then, it really just isn't for me unless it is subverts the current blended, dusty sounds that often numb the minds of its listeners. That being said, here we go. 

With this being Jinsang's most popular song on Spotify, I was hoping for something different. But hey, what did I expect? It's decent in terms of lo-fi, but I guess it may be unfair. Perhaps this is what lo-fi wants to achieve. Maybe I'm taking it for more than it should be. Oh well. I want to at least give a little bit of reasoning as to why I feel the way I do. Characteristic of the genre, lo-fi achieves its eponymous aesthetic through its meticulous, intentional production. The song remains the same though. You find looping beats and melodies, with the occasional irrelevant sample interjecting. The instrumentation doesn't vary too much between songs either. This piece is no different. All I can ever really see lo-fi being used for is background/study music, which it evidently does. I know what I said.  

Rating: 4/10







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 311: holy terrain by FKA twigs // 4

Day 309: White Gloves by Khruangbin // 5