Day 34: No One Survives by Nekrogoblikon // 8.5

Image result for stench nekrogoblikon
genre: death metal
drink: strawberry banana smoothie
This band is weird af. BUT, I like a little bit of quirky every now and then. Disclaimer: you kind of have to watch the music video that accompanies this song. It doesn't mean the song itself is bad, but the context makes so much more sense. 

I haven't listened to metal like this in a long time. Closest band I can recall is 3 Inches of Blood. Nonetheless, Nekrogoblikon takes those concepts and adds a twist. The story takes place in a modern world (excluding the goblin of course), and speaks of deeper, personal struggles. The jarring juxtaposition is hilarious to me. It's relatable, yet ludicrous. And I love the song so much for it.

Rating: 8.5/10









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 311: holy terrain by FKA twigs // 4

Day 309: White Gloves by Khruangbin // 5