Day 33: You Were But A Ghost In My Arms by Agalloch // 6.5

Image result for THe Mantle agalloch
genre: folk metal, progressive
drink: water
Now this is more like what I'm talking about. Although not quite a progressive song, this one was a needed change in pace for the album. Taking all the traditional elements in a metal band, I was always fond of Agalloch's style, especially the cleans. I got to give my props to the darker, grungy voice as well. It's quite tasteful, and not too overbearing. Fortunately, there's a lot of variation and play on the themes throughout the song, enough to keep it interesting. 

At one point, they use chimes to accentuate their sonic profile. I only wish they used more of it. The songs are starting to blend together. Either I should listen to these songs back to back, or maybe their style is not quite the one for me. 


Rating: 6.5/10





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 311: holy terrain by FKA twigs // 4

Day 309: White Gloves by Khruangbin // 5