Day 27: Liebestraum No. 3 by Franz Liszt // 7.5

Image result for franz liszt liebestraumgenre: classical
drink: beeeer
It's Super Bowl Sunday and what I'm writing about today evokes a vibe on the complete opposite spectrum. We're chilling out today to some classical.

Fun fact: I took some time to learn to this on guitar, which inherently means that I really like the piece. It's beautifully composed and simple in its construction. The chord progression isn't anything groundbreaking, but it does its job in conveying the theme. I guess I forgot to mention, the song itself means "Love Dream", and it definitely hits that mark. The middle section keeps the momentum going by building and varying on the original thematic melody. It does a good job of leading to the climax, which is definitely my favorite part. I'll keep this little ditty in the back of my pocket when I'm trying to serenade my girlfriend. 

Rating: 7.5/10





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 311: holy terrain by FKA twigs // 4

Day 309: White Gloves by Khruangbin // 5