Day 9: Don't Stop Partying by Mean Jeans // 6


Image result for Mean Jeans on mars
genre: pop punk rock
drink: klondike bar lol
When I listen to this song I imagine biking/skating down along the coast. In my head I strongly associate it with teenage rebellion. The song gives the appearance of a really fun and peppy song, but it's all simply a guise. Upon a closer look, the lyrical content encourages a rambunctious, reckless attitude, all in the name of partying. Nevertheless, it's a really fun song! Although the song itself is super catchy and charming, it shows its age. Their style is reminiscent of The Ramones, what with the boppy melodies that just make you want to jump and sing along. In my bones I feel like it's not too compelling a song, but on the outside I can't help but want to get a little more out of it. I guess this is just what pop does. It strikes your subconscious, pulling you in with culturally-defined attractive song structure and elements. It pulls from a tried and true formula. No doubt though, it's a fun song! Didn't love it, didn't hate it. Give it a try. 

Rating: 6/10




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 311: holy terrain by FKA twigs // 4

Day 309: White Gloves by Khruangbin // 5