Day 6: One by Metallica // 7.5

One by Metallica


genre: metal


YouTube



Apologies for the formatting, I'm writing this out on my phone because my laptop died today. Pour one out for my trusty laptop :(. Moving forward, of the things that I actually have control over, this blog is one of them.

It's been a really long time since I've listened to Metallica. Personally, my favorites are "The Unforgiven" and "For Whom the Bell Tolls". Someone recommended this to me, and although I recognize this song, I don't recall very much since it's been such a long time. 

Paired with the music video, the song is a sobering recollection of the horrors of war. How fitting that I recently sat down to watch Schindler's List for the first time with my girlfriend. For a majority of the song, the rhythms and harmonies reflect that, before descending into madness as the song concludes with a thrashing solo. I'm not going to say much else due to my incompetent phone making it a pain to format and type anything. In short, if you enjoy a more nuanced, digestible Metallica, a memorable guitar riff, and a fully developed song that speaks to more mature topics, you'll find this a perfect fit.



Rating: 7.5/10



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 311: holy terrain by FKA twigs // 4

Day 309: White Gloves by Khruangbin // 5