Day 14: Corporeal by Broadcast // 6.5

Image result for corporeal broadcastgenre: indie, experimental
snack: mi goreng

At the request of Kevin, I'll be a bit more transparent with my post titles and the ratings-just makes it easier. 

cor·po·re·al: relating to a person's body, especially as opposed to their spirit

K: little background-one of the pioneers for electronic sounds/synths in the
indie genre


Well, like he says, the electronic elements are very apparent in this song. As it pertains to the lyrical content, I imagine that the distorted, crippled synths represent the ghosts she talks about. I really don't know how I feel about its use in the song though. It seems so disjointed. If you can imagine it, if one were to remove the electronic elements, a lot of what makes this song special is concomitantly removed. That is to say that the synths are what make the song stand out. But at the same time, I feel it doesn't even belong. It's experimental for sure, but I think it does too little to extend itself beyond the contemporary genre. However, I do admit that that may be because the lens through which I am looking through. Perhaps this was ground-breaking at the time. In the same way that the static adds background noise, I think this is one song that I'll leave for a mindless listen. 


Rating: 6.5/10






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 311: holy terrain by FKA twigs // 4

Day 309: White Gloves by Khruangbin // 5