Day 306: How You Want It by Teyana Taylor // 6

Image result for how you want it teyana taylor"GENRE: R&B, funk
I'm still on the Teyana Taylor train; her ability to write in different styles is alluring. Or, is it her writers and producers that deserve more of the credit? Unlike her album, this single stands out to me, at least from what I've listened to so far. This legitimately sounds like it came straight from the early 2000's. From the rhythm and cadence to the overall song structure, it's hard to believe it was released in 2019. I wouldn't say this is a blunder on part of the writers. I guess it's up to your personal opinion, but I welcome the decision. I mean, just look at the aesthetic of the art. It's a fun song overall, with great production and pinpoint mixing that emulates the sounds of the decade.

Rating: 6/10


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 311: holy terrain by FKA twigs // 4

Day 309: White Gloves by Khruangbin // 5