Day 293: Heat of the Moment by Asia // 8

Related imageGENRE: rock 
Why is that I never recalled the name of this band? They have some interesting hits that I've heard before across various mediums. In particular, Only Time Will Tell, I believe I heard in MGSV. Today's song, I think I've heard from one of South Park's episodes. One of the funniest things to me is the album art. It's the 80's, and they decide to plaster a colossal oceanic dragon on their album. It's awesome.

Their music however, does not reflect that aesthetic, in my opinion. I was expecting some epic, 80's power metal music, but what I got was some heartfelt, empowering rock pieces. To my surprise, the songs are actually quite enjoyable. As cheesy they are, they have a way about them that makes them so catchy and easy to return to. In fact, I think I'm going to take it a step further and listen to this whole album. As unintentional as it may be, I like the humor and juxtaposition between the music and the material.

Rating: 8/10


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 311: holy terrain by FKA twigs // 4

Day 309: White Gloves by Khruangbin // 5