Day 290: Casey Jones by Grateful Dead // 8.5

Image result for workingman's deadGENRE: rock
Ok, I seriously had the most misinformed opinion about Grateful Dead. I thought they were this intense, psychedelic, almost metal band. Little did I know they were just simple, honest, working men. And, when I think about it, I almost prefer it that way. That irony is tasty.

They seem like a good group of folks. This song fits them so well too. It's got a mild energy, a laidback tone, and a folk hero as its inspiration. I can't imagine there being too many effects in their production. The drums, although not stadium-busting, sound tight and humble. I love that snare sound. It almost sounds makeshift. Goddamn, their lyrics are incredibly catchy too. This'll be stuck in my head for awhile. Simple as they may seem, I'm loving the take they have on their genre. Something about it is so comforting, like a hot cocoa.

Rating: 8.5/10


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 311: holy terrain by FKA twigs // 4

Day 309: White Gloves by Khruangbin // 5