Day 286: Meditation de Thais by Jules Massenet // 8

Image result for meditation de thais jules massenet albumGENRE: classical
I love classical pieces that can seem to stand on their own. Today's piece has a complete idea, going so far as to even develop itself quite dramatically throughout. I feel like I got to know this person that's meditating for whatever. Although it was originally serving as an intermezzo during an opera, I find that it provides a really nice barrier of entry for those that want to get more from classical music. Of course, that's totally biased. I for one am a huge fan of the instrumentation. Solo violins behind a featured harp and orchestra are near the top of my book. The essence of beauty comes through naturally by virtue of the style alone. The harp serving as the percussion gives it this light, angelic touch, as with most pieces like this. But, the entrance of the orchestra, especially its abruptness, makes for a more human and grounded sound.

Rating: 8/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 311: holy terrain by FKA twigs // 4

Day 309: White Gloves by Khruangbin // 5