Day 281: Burn It Down by Daughter // 5

Image result for music from before the stormGENRE: indie
All right, now let's catch up with the Daughter band I actually know. I've seen them in concert before, funnily enough. Although they are a female-led indie band (which has interested me in the past), they haven't ever really pulled me into their music. The production itself is great, but the vocals just fall flat for me. It's a little to plain and insubstantial. After listening to this song once, I feel like I don't have much I'd like to return to. They vocals feel a bit sluggish, which contrasts for a loss with the bombastic drums and guitar. If I were to listen to this song again, I imagine it would be in a hip, millennial commercial. Maybe like an iPhone commercial or something.

Rating: 5/10


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 311: holy terrain by FKA twigs // 4

Day 309: White Gloves by Khruangbin // 5