Day 275: February 2017 by Charli XCX, Yaeji, Clairo // 7

Image result for february 2017 charli xcxGENRE: pop
Wow this is like a mini-Avengers scenario for me. I only know Charli XCX through that one song with the guns. But, I legitimately know the other two. It's crazy; I don't think I've been able to accomplish that. But now, I'm in. This is a pretty balanced piece when it comes to featuring all the artists. The production is incredibly representative of Yaeji's work. Clairo's voice sneaks in here and there, with robotic elements as dictated by Yaeji's tastes. This song doesn't really play like a normal pop song either. There's actually a gradual buildup before an eventual, fading, closeout. The Korean is a nice touch too—really makes the piece stand out from Charli XCX's usual work while still maintaining a semblance of her composition style. I'm quite surprised how well the song is mixed.

Rating: 7/10


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 311: holy terrain by FKA twigs // 4

Day 309: White Gloves by Khruangbin // 5