Day 266: Chicken Noodle Soup (feat. Becky G) by j-hope // 4.5

Image result for chicken noodle soup j-hope
GENRE: hip hop, rap, k-pop 
I guess this was bound to happen at one point. Let me say this straight out of the gate though—it's not a very likable song. It's got some beats that I guess would be appropriate for dancing, but otherwise it doesn't have redeemable qualities that would reel me back in for another listen. Like honestly, it's probably just a song about having a cold. Or is it, you need chicken noodle soup and soda because the beat is so sick? If so, then I think I've solved the most interesting mystery that has me listening to this song.

I will admit that the cadence and intonation of j-hope's verses are particularly staccato and energetic. Becky G though... like what? I'm not sure if she's there as a discount Ariana Grande or something. I just can't get over what they're singing about it, while still maintaining such a serious composure. Is this comedy?

Rating: 4.5/10


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 311: holy terrain by FKA twigs // 4

Day 309: White Gloves by Khruangbin // 5