Day 261: Louisiana Woman, Mississippi Man by Conway Twitty & Loretta Lynn // 8

Related image
GENRE: country
My first impression is how solid of a duo this is. They share the lines so well together. I love the back and forth, especially when their voices are almost polar opposites. His voice has a sultry, smooth charm to it. Meanwhile, Loretta has such a bright tone. The combination reminds me of salted caramel. Also, I don't think I've had a fiddle be such an integral part of the song. It brings about a different dimension of authenticity to the whole piece. Alongside the fiddle, the cadence of the lyrics is incredibly jumpy. Honestly, it's as if their accent affects the way they sing their songs (which is researched well I'm quite sure). 

I'm also a believer in the message they sing about. Conway Twitty is quite the romantic, isn't he?

Rating: 8/10 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 311: holy terrain by FKA twigs // 4

Day 309: White Gloves by Khruangbin // 5