Day 302: Don't Start Now by Dua Lipa // 6

Image result for dua lipa don't start nowGENRE: pop
Coming in I had few expectations. Post-listening, I will say that I'm quite surprised. What usually deters me from listening to top-of-the-charts hits is their mundane and homogeneous production.  I may not have been caught up with the current industry, but I can definitely jam with that bumping bass line. Going staccato and funky was the right choice to go, and feels like Daft Punk in that regard. I also appreciate the diversity of sounds thrown in throughout the song. I'll have to do more research, because this could be Dua Lipa coming into her own style. I hope she continues to grow from this. The only downside I would attach to this is the monotony of her voice. Her timbre and her cadence is just too similar to some generic song you'd find in a club.

Rating: 6/10


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 311: holy terrain by FKA twigs // 4

Day 309: White Gloves by Khruangbin // 5