Day 237: 大発明 by Tricot // 5

Image result for リピート tricotGENRE: math rock, j-rock, japanese
It's been awhile since I've listened to Tricot, and personally that's a good thing. They've come out with a lot of material since I've been gone. I was in this transition where I had listened to them a lot, but their particular timbre and sound was sounding stale to me. I was so desensitized to their style that their music wasn't really doing it for me anyway. Taking this break was good, because when I listen to their music again, it really brings back good memories and a firm understanding of why they're so celebrated.

Right off the bat, you get this groovy drum beat that I just have to go learn later. As with any of their songs, you get off-beat guitar chords and harmonic licks that guide the vocals. My favorite part of Tricot music is the flowery melodies. Unfortunately this piece, I don't get quite the same feeling. The verse is nice, but their high-energy chorus doesn't quite have the same impact, especially when you've listened to their past music. I think this leans more towards the stale end for me.

Rating: 5/10


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 311: holy terrain by FKA twigs // 4

Day 309: White Gloves by Khruangbin // 5