Day 203: Slide by Beeef // 4

Image result for bull in the shade beeef album coverGENRE: indie rock
Here we go with another rock song, this time from a lesser known band. Sporting what is probably one of my favorite band names, they've recently released an album this year. I quickly skimmed through most of their songs and went with a faster-paced choice. Quite frankly, their slower rock pieces don't quite have enough pull to keep me into it.

This one is a little different though. Slide has a quick and fun intro riff, utilizing suspended chords and seventh chords that are prominent in indie rock. I do like the cadence of the lyrics and the way it flows with the pace of the song. Nothing seems oddly glued together. In other words, I like to think that it's a pretty coherent piece. With that being said, it's unfortunate that the piece lacks a distinguishing quality. If I clicked into any part of the song, I would have no idea where I'd be. The intro riff kinda hangs on to the song and never lets its grip. I'm not even sure there's a traditional chorus now that I think about it. Personally, this song would be awesome if it got sped up like twice as fast. That'd be a thrasher.

Rating: 4/10


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 311: holy terrain by FKA twigs // 4

Day 309: White Gloves by Khruangbin // 5