Day 178: The Coma Machine by Between the Buried and Me // 8

Image result for coma epileptic between the buried and me
GENRE: progressive 
Ok, I had my doubts when I first started listening to this song. It seemed a bit cheesy at first? However, it's definitely grown on me. There's a gradual progression throughout the piece, with various sections incorporating a range of momentum and tempos and time signatures, especially the section about 3 minutes in. This song has quite a bit going for it. The 7/8 is a nice feature as well. I love drumming to this piece because of that. The drummer plays out of their mind to begin with. The composition has a solid theme going throughout the piece that serves as the glue to the song. That chromatic interval appears quite a bit throughout the song. Again, that's grown on me.

Rating: 8/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 311: holy terrain by FKA twigs // 4

Day 309: White Gloves by Khruangbin // 5