Day 166: The Goonies 'r' Good Enough by Cyndi Lauper // 8.5

Image result for the goonies r good enoughGENRE: pop
Ok, follow with me here. My current dinnertime show is Bob's Burgers, and when I want to put shows on in the background, I tend to put on episodes that I've already watched before (I like to give shows my full attention). 

Well, I was re-watching the episode The Belchies. If you know the show, they have original songs during their credits all the time. The particular song for this episode was so catchy to me.

I did some further research, and it turns out that it's actually cover for a song by Cyndi Lauper, that she herself covered for the show! Even more, the song was written for The Goonies movie, which I haven't watched...yet. 

Anyway, I was thrilled because I love Cyndi Lauper, and I enjoyed the cover of it already. Fortunately, I feel the same way, if not better about the actual song. You get more of Cyndi's quirky style, and of course, my favorite component of her singing is her power in the upper register. I can never get tired of that. But now, I need to go watch The Goonies more than ever (if ever at all).

Rating: 8.5/10


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 311: holy terrain by FKA twigs // 4

Day 309: White Gloves by Khruangbin // 5