Day 157: Last Girl by Soccer Mommy // 7.5

Image result for clean soccer mommyGENRE: indie rock
It's good practice to never take an artist for just one of their songs. Across albums, hell, even just within the same album, you'll have your favorites and your skips. Although not quite as extreme, I had a similar experience when being introduced to Last Girl by Soccer Mommy, who previously I was not quite raving about.

With today's song, I've found a piece that shifts my current opinion to the brighter side of the spectrum. I'm a big fan of the melody, using intervals that are infectious when used with the rhythm in question. There's enough variance in the composition and pacing to keep things interesting and moving. I think it all makes for a mature and well-written piece that sits at the core of teenage emotional complexities.

Rating: 7.5/10


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 311: holy terrain by FKA twigs // 4

Day 309: White Gloves by Khruangbin // 5