Day 141: We Own The Night by Dance Gavin Dance // 6

Image result for instant gratification dance gavin dance
GENRE: post-hardcore
If you know me, you know I listen to Strawberry Girls. I've done my own research and found that the guitarist used to be a part of Dance Gavin Dance. Further research led me to find that the band itself changes its lineup pretty often. Nonetheless, I'm listening to one of their most popular songs as listed on Spotify. When it comes to this style of music, I'm a big fan of the instrumentals. I could never quite get hooked onto the emo lyrics and singing style adopted by most post-hardcore bands. Nonetheless, it's not ear-grating. The screamo doesn't bother me too much, but it does verge on the side of being excessive. All of this really boils down to me to musical preference. I can appreciate the technicality and energy injected into the music, but its execution and end product isn't something I can totally get behind.

Rating: 6/10




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 311: holy terrain by FKA twigs // 4

Day 309: White Gloves by Khruangbin // 5