Day 138: Blue Eyes by Elton John // 5

Image result for jump up elton johnGENRE: soft rock
It's not because of the most recent Elton John movie that I'm listening and writing about this. This song happened to show up in passing, and it turns out to be Sir Elton John. It's been a while since I've listened to anything new by him. Most people know the classics and greatest hits, but it's still mind-blowing to know that he's written so much material throughout his career.

In this song, you've got a pretty monotonous lyric, blue eyes..., that it kind of rubbed me the wrong way by the end of the song. The chord progression is interesting though, with ominous and haunting passing chords between the usual poppy chord progression.

Since the 80's though, our sound and preference for music has grown. For me, this timbre just seems a bit stale to me. The plain drums, the piano, and synth sound is a little to thin for my tastes. It's somewhat similar to Lionel Richie's works.

Rating: 5/10


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 311: holy terrain by FKA twigs // 4

Day 309: White Gloves by Khruangbin // 5