Day 120: Win Win (feat. Tove Lo) by Diplo // 4.5

GENRE: electronic, dance
This is way out of my comfort zone, because I'm not familiar at all with what's objectively good within the realm of electronic music. Something that I've come to terms with though is the idea that your ears are your best tool. If it sounds good to you then what does it matter what is conventionally tasteful in the current industry.

With that said, I think this song isn't bad, but it's not necessarily stimulating. I've liked some of the stuff Tove Lo put out before, but she's not quite featured as prominently as I thought she'd be. Even if the song was written to be repetitive, it doesn't hurt to highlight the talent you bring in. Even then, the song itself is ok. I don't see anything wrong with it. That's more because of how little it does wrong, than how much it does right. That's a good trade-off, I guess.

Rating: 4.5/10


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 311: holy terrain by FKA twigs // 4

Day 309: White Gloves by Khruangbin // 5