Day 92: Bette Davis Eyes by Kim Carnes // 8

Image result for bette davis eyes kim carnesGENRE: pop
SNACK: tacos
Something about this song seems extremely familiar, which makes me think I've listened to it before. I wasn't able to find where I may have heard it, but man does it give off the 80's vibe.

The synth is classic. I love that particular sound, and that shaker is just the cherry on top. What's most interesting to me is Kim Carnes's lower register and huskier, raspier tone. She makes the most of it and that's really a defining trait of the song. Not many people can really make that work.

Upon further research, it turns out the Bette Davis is one of the greatest actresses in Hollywood history, and she's definitely a peculiar look on her face (below). Other than that, I don't know really know it might mean. Apparently Bette Davis was famous for playing cynical characters. Perhaps that's what the song is hinting at. Nonetheless, the song describes the opposite. The girl that's the subject of the song is beautiful, talented, and free-spirited. At least, that's what I gather.

Rating: 8/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 311: holy terrain by FKA twigs // 4

Day 309: White Gloves by Khruangbin // 5