Day 91: Skinny Love by Bon Iver // 4

Image result for for emma forever ago bon iverGENRE: indie folk
I recognize this guy's face, and the music seems fitting I guess. I know next to nothing, and so here I go judging the whole man's discography based on one of his most popular songs.

Simple as it can be, just a man's voice and his guitar. And this is where it kind of teeters on line of boring and gripping. The lyrics themselves have a lot of depth, but the medium by which they are conveyed are a bit too bare for my tastes; I guess you could say it's "skinny". This song is extremely popular too, but it doesn't seem to be doing it for me... Personally, I think the melody has way too much movement, it all kind of blends together, with nothing really standing out in terms of musical themes or ideas. I want to like this song, but at my core I find it difficult.

Rating: 4/10


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 311: holy terrain by FKA twigs // 4

Day 309: White Gloves by Khruangbin // 5