Day 106: Pretty in Pink by The Psychedelic Furs // 5

Image result for all of this and nothing the psychedelic fursGENRE: alternative rock
This type of genre tends to draw a blank for me. Aside from the more popular bands (e.g. The Cure and the Smiths), I haven't really taken the dive to find more. Without a doubt, their songs are great; I wonder if it's universal.

Anyway, here we are with a new exposure, at least to me. You get the uplifting drums and bluesy guitar riffs, with a dual paradigm going on with both a distorted guitar and a cleaner guitar. The singing style seems to skew into that certain style that's famous for the time.

The style echoes the bands I mentioned previously, but there doesn't seem to be the energy or same emotional depth in the performance that grabs me like the others do. The singer's vocal performance almost verges on sounding lazy and exasperated. This may have sounded better if I grew up in the time, but it definitely seems B-tier material in context of the other titans in the genre. That, or this just isn't really my genre.

Rating: 5/10


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 311: holy terrain by FKA twigs // 4

Day 309: White Gloves by Khruangbin // 5