Day 81: Saw You In A Dream by The Japanese House // 8

Image result for saw you in dream japanese housegenre: chill, indie
snack: mandarin
I couldn't definitively tell you whether or not I'm cheating with this selection. I don't think I've listened to this song before, but I feel like I have. It feels incredibly familiar. In typical cynical fashion, I will go as far as to say that the songs are starting to blend together. This time though, it oddly doesn't feel like a bad thing. Because although the composition isn't particularly special, the subtlety and balance of vocals (and the harmony is beautiful as well!), instrumentation, and the chord progression is delightful. There's a slight jazz influence with the movement of the chords following chorus, which I can really appreciate. And really, that's enough of a sell for me to enjoy this song. My compliments to the artist!

Rating: 8/10


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 311: holy terrain by FKA twigs // 4

Day 309: White Gloves by Khruangbin // 5