Day 80: Shotgun by George Ezra // 4

Image result for george ezra shotgungenre: folk
spaghetti
It was difficult to find a song I wanted to write about, and so this is what I ended up with. Now, I thought I liked folk music, but I guess I only like a particular subset of folk, because this ain't it. Now, I don't know much about George Ezra, but from what I can gather, his voice is incredibly unique. He definitely puts it to good use.

As for the song itself, it plays by the books. I don't know how to describe it, but it's got those typical empowered chords, and you've got those cliche horns in the background. The drums aren't anything new. It says something when my favorite part of the song is the articulate guitar chord in the beginning. In short, the song itself is uninspired, and just isn't for me.

Rating: 4/10


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 311: holy terrain by FKA twigs // 4

Day 309: White Gloves by Khruangbin // 5