Day 76: Sinnerman by Nina Simone // 8.5

Image result for sinnerman nina simonegenre: jazz, soul
snack: Reese's puffs
Nina Simone's huskier, deeper register never truly quite captured me, until this song. In this song, I can see why it works. It's quite a long song with what you could call a solo section. I would call it a dance section, with its frenzied rhythm and drums. Nina's voice powerful voice accompanies a profound musical theme. That piano riff, although not much, gives off such a powerful, energetic emotion. Just as profound is Nina's biblical lyrics. The tempo is just right, sitting at a pace a tad bit faster than what I'm used to. It's a fun listen, and should be given more appreciation than what I am giving it now.

Rating: 8.5/10





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 311: holy terrain by FKA twigs // 4

Day 309: White Gloves by Khruangbin // 5