Day 60: Swan Song by Tang // 8.5

Image result for tang swan ganggenre: instrumental rock
snack: chao ga
I really try not to write about the same band more than once unless I really have to. With Maggie Rogers and Agalloch, their impressive pieces convinced me to write multiple posts. If you've been following, Tang is one of the first bands I wrote about. Being extremely new to the music scene, Tang has just put out a new set of songs, with Swan Gang being one of them. Now, I really enjoyed their single Moon Sugar, but wow was I surprised with the quality and consistency of Swan Gang.

Not only does it uphold the same style and flair that I've come to really enjoy from Tang's sound and style, it raises the bar. With even more juicy riffs and rhythms, Swan Song sounds like it could be their best song for the times to come.

Opening with a poppy, spunky guitar riff, the lead melody guitar plays along with voluptuous bends. I love the lead guitar in this, because it tells me that they know how to have fun with their sound. But lo and behold, they bring it all back to more complicated progressions, with a 7/8 section (with sax included) to spice up the tempo. Now, the solo section consists of blistering finger tapping, enough to keep you engaged with where it's going next, without being overbearing. In other words, it's tasteful, much like the rest of the song. I am genuine impressed by how they amped up their unique sound and style to give their fans another banger.

Rating: 8.5/10


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 311: holy terrain by FKA twigs // 4

Day 309: White Gloves by Khruangbin // 5