Day 28: I Know It's Over by The Smiths // 9

genre: rock
Although I never really paid much attention to the Smiths, I regret not taking the time to really listen to them sooner. I don't really have a good reason either, which is a shame because I can definitely see The Smiths being one of my favorite bands, especially with this song. I'll have to do more research obviously, but this song makes the strong case. 

I have a soft spot for slow rock like this (looking at you Earth Angel). It reaches a deeper part of me that seeks the melodrama and hopeless romance. Obviously, if you know me, I'm in a happy place. 

I don't have very much time nowadays with my work piling up, but I will say that this is what I needed in my time of need. Reaching a personal, local minima, it's nice to have a song that resonates and almost shares the emotional burden with you. That's what teenagers are all about I guess. Ugh, I'll be less sappy next time.

Rating: 9/10





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 311: holy terrain by FKA twigs // 4

Day 309: White Gloves by Khruangbin // 5